Aries Full Moon: The Initiation
New seasons bring new beginnings, and the same can be said for fall. Yes, it’s a time of shedding and release, but where ever a space is made, something new can come in.
This Full Moon in Aries gives us the invitation to plan ahead. This moon will take place on Oct 9, 2022 at 1:55 p.m. PST/ 4:55 p.m. EST. The influence of the moon is an external reminder to turn inwards. It gives us all a cycle to connect to, whether we bleed or not. As our energy waxes and wanes on the inside, we get to see this reflected in the lunar cycle.
As you bask beneath the upcoming full moon, consider going inward and taking inventory around what you need to release in order to make space for the energy you’ll be building up come the new moon.
October 2022 Aries Full Moon Insights
This Aries full moon is going to be inspired by the energy of Libra, because it is illuminated by the Libra sun.
This means that balance is going to be the name of the game. When we are called to start something new, we must think about how it impacts the balance of our lives.
When you start a new job, you might think about how well that job will fit into your current lifestyle. If for some reason, it doesn’t, you may have to make shifts in order to maintain a healthy balance.
The same can be said for relationships. When we connect with someone new and start to spend more time with them, there is a period of time where we have to find the balance between our old solo lives, and our new lives with a partner.
Aries is a cardinal fire sign, so it’s all about new beginnings, and at times those beginnings can happen very quickly.
Aries also governs the energies of vitality, instinct, motivation, and taking action.
We are entering a time of year where much takes place beneath the surface.
Old growth is cleared out, and new seeds are planted. Without this energy, things can become stagnant and outdated.
This full moon will present as a powerful time to plan. Clear out what needs to be released and use that motivational energy to plan for what you’re calling in. Set the vision and let your creative spirit lead the way!
Aries Full Moon Energies
- You may feel a jolt of energy and vitality that you haven’t felt for a while. Take advantage of this by getting errands done, starting a creative project, or getting out in nature to enjoy the crispy fall air.
- You may feel motivated to bring more balance into your life. This could be internal balance like balancing your hormones or external balance like releasing old ties to material things. Consider having a garage sale of a clothing swap. Look for new hormone balancing recipes, or start a new workout routine. Use that motivating energy of the moon to get the job done.
- You may be getting a feeling in your body that is trying to tell you something. Many times we look for answers to our challenges and blocks outside of us. This new moon is going to shine light on the answers within and you’ll find them by following those intuitive hits. Trust yourself and don’t be afraid to make bold decisions.
Aries Full Moon Guided Journal Prompts
This full moon takes place in the beginning of the fall season. It's a wonderful moment to pause and make plans.
If you're familiar with the external influences of the seasons and how they align to the moon, then you know that the full moon is a time to embrace change.
Similarly, the energy of fall invites you to embrace change through releasing the old to make space for what's to come.
Internally, this energy is represented by the Luteal phase. It's during this time that the body is slowing down and preparing for the shedding of the uterine lining.
We've put together these special Aries Full Moon Journal prompts to help you navigate this energy inside and out.
Tip: Use your Cycles Notebook to answer the following prompts so you have plenty of space!
Guided Journal Prompts
Magnetize & Manifest Empowered Energy!
- Take a moment think about what you would like to call in. Write down these intentions.
- Go back and look over your intentions and list 1-2 actions steps you’ll take to get there.
- Do some scripting to supercharge your motivation around taking hose action steps. Write out how grateful you are for the outcome, and do so as if it’s already happened.
The following is an example of what this would look like:
Feel free to get creative with these journal prompts by drawing and adding your art!
Don’t have time to do these journal prompts right now? Save them for later and Turn to page 263 of your 2022 Cycles Journal for a quick full moon check in!
Aries Full Moon Tarot Spread
Since Aries governs the energy of taking action, you will likely be approaching some situations that call you into initiation. Initiation, while important, can be a bit of a challenge.
Maybe you wan some insight around what you need to focus on during this time. You may be looking for some deeper messages connecting you to the path that lies ahead.
We've put together the perfect tarot spread to help you enter your initiation and find clarity!
Card 1: The Spark - What is the energy behind what you are ready to call in?
Card 2: Trial by Fire - What challenges or situations might arise to prepare you for the journey ahead.
Card 3: Clear the Ashes - What will you need to release in order to make space for what’s to come?
Card 4: How to Rise - What will be the outcome of what you’re manifesting?
You can record and reflect on your reading in your cycles notebook or your cycle journal!