Moving forward with the New Moon in Sagittarius
On Nov 23, 2022 at 2:57 pm PST / 5:57 pm EST we say goodbye to Scorpio season and open our arms to the Sagittarius New Moon.
The mutable sign of Sagittarius marks the ending of fall and provides us with the energy needed to review and set new goals based on the lessons learned from change and loss.
We go through this cycle every year so we can wipe the slate clean in preparation for the year to come.
November 2022 Sagittarius New Moon Insights
Sagittarius is a fire sign that governs knowledge, expansion, movement, and travel.
Sagittarius is also a mutable sign, which means that it signifies the end of a season.
Fall teaches us that to truly maintain balance in life, we have to open to the energies of death and release.
This new moon invites you to reflect on what you’ve been called to let go of between the Libra new moon in September and now.
Did you release what was meant to shed, or are you holding on to collect more lessons? Were you forced to let go of something you thought would be long term, only to be reminded of the uncertainty life can bring?
Fall never promises to be gentle, but it always gives us what we need. Sagittarius invites us to dig deeper into our losses to find the opportunities.
Sagittarius New Moon Guided Journal Prompts
If you track your cycle every month, then you know that your body is in a constant state of flux.
You are a reflection of the macrocosm, and the macrocosm is a reflection of you.
Just as you encounter constant change on the inside, so does the world you live in and everything connected to it.
“All that you touch you change. All that you change changes you. The only lasting truth is change. God is Change” - Octavia E. Butler, African American Sci-Fi Author
This new moon invites you to think about the lens through which you view and relate to change.
The following guided journal prompts were crafted to help you gain clarity around the lessons change can bring and the action steps you can take to create a powerful partnership with this energy.
Tip: Use your Cycles Notebook (30% off 11/25-11/29) to answer the following prompts so you have plenty of space!
Guided Journal Prompts
- Take a moment to reflect on the major changes that have taken place in your life this year. Try not to hold any judgment , negative or positive, towards what you write down.
Now go back and reread what you wrote.
- .For each situation listed, write down 1-3 lessons you learned.
Out of the lessons you write down, start to think about what this means for your life moving forward.
- For each situation that brought change, write a goal you have that will help you move forward with or in spite of that change.
- Write down and obstacles you foresee that might make moving forward a challenge.
- Create a plan of action for when those obstacles arise. Remember, an action can also look like choosing to pause and rest.
Don’t have time to do these journal prompts right now? Turn to page 295 of your 2022 Cycles Journal for a quick new moon check in!
Sagittarius New Moon Ritual
For millennia, humans of all backgrounds have done rituals to signify endings, and rituals that honor new beginnings.
Ritual is a powerful way to marry the ethereal world with the physical world. This Sagittarius new moon ritual will help you clear the path forward so you can create the space you need to reach your goals.
Path Clearing Ritual
- Take the obstacles you wrote down while doing the journal prompts above.
- Write each obstacle onto a slip of paper.
- Find a candle, matches, or a lighter and a safe place where you can work with fire. You can also start a fire if you have access to a fire pit or fireplace.
- Burn each slip of paper, and as you do, set the intention to clear your path ahead.
- Find a jar where you can safely contain the ashes. If you’re using a fireplace, collect some of the ashes in the jar.
- On the full moon, release the ashes to unify the release of obstacles with the waning energy of the moon.
Optional: Place the jar of ashes on an altar dedicated to your goals.
Here’s to the path that lies ahead!
Want to get our full and new moon letters straight to your inbox? Join our mailing list, It’s like receiving a love letter from the moon!